Royal Square

The site of the market place in St Helier, and adjacent to the Royal Court building, the square was the hub of St Helier. On the 6 January 1781, it also became the location of a battle when an invading French force was attacked and defeated by British and Jersey Militia troops commanded by a young army officer, Major Francis Pierson.