Le Hocq Tower is one of a series of round towers built in response to the threat of French invasion upon the orders of the then Governor of Jersey, General Henry Seymour Conway. It was probably finished in 1781 and its armament consisted of an 18-pounder carronade on a wooden traversing platform mounted on the roof. Outside a battery of two 18-pounders would have supplemented the Tower’s gun.
Its exterior appearance and isolated location just above the high water mark on the beach have managed to survive unlike many others subsumed by modern development. Only the interior has suffered some alterations principally by the Germans who replaced the floors with concrete ones when they adopted its defensive position.